Its modular construction and the ability to carry both user designed payload modules and an array of typical scientific sensors, makes it the ideal tool for researchers gathering a variety of high quality data at depths of up to1000m.
The Gavia AUV is packed in small cases that are both Fed Ex shippable and transportable in a van or pickup truck for ease of transport to survey site. The Gavia is man portable and does not require any specialized equipment for deployment which is typically done from either the shore or small inflatables.
Gavia Scientific Features
- Self-contained survey system operated from a vessel of opportunity
- Fully modular, field swappable modules
- Highly mobile and packs into FedEx shippable cases
- Rapid mobilization / demobilization. No installation or calibration of peripherals required
- Small logistical footprint with no specialized equipment required to operate the system
- Easy to use chart-based graphical user interface for mission planning, execution and review
- Over the horizon communications through Iridium
- Wide array of additional sensors available
- All data time synchronized and left in manufacturer’s original format, all vehicle logs in an open format
- Optional Payload modules for customer supplied sensors with software development kit
- Compatible with a variety of third party post processing packages.
- Additional modules can be purchased as mission requirements evolve
Typical scientific applications
- Limnology Habitat assessment
- Bathymetric surveys
- Wreck finding and mapping
- Bottom type classificatios
- Mid water analysis
- 3D CTD mapping
- Current profiling
- Under ice surveying